I’ve been running SideProjectProfit for exactly a year now, and it’s been quite the eye-opening experience. I’ve met tons of bright, motivated individuals just like myself who are sacrificing all their free time to make their side project dreams come true. It’s awesome, but it also comes at a cost to me, which is why I need your help.
Let me explain by first looking back at the last 12 months:
Looking Back at 2014
It’s always important to reflect on your progress – here’s mine over the last year:
- 1 site retired (TaskShot)
- 1 new site (HostBenchmarker)
- 10 total websites (including this one)
- Most traffic: SongKeyFinder (299,125 visitors)
- Least traffic: BuyingMyFirstHomeBlog (2,132 visitors)
- Most earnings: MoissaniteVsDiamondRings (+$1,217)
- Least earnings: AmpedSense (-$629)
- $307 earnings
- Twitter followers: 54
- Newsletter subscribers: 89
- RSS readers: 16
- I’m not even going to report facebook likes or google+’s, it’s pretty much nothing.
Looking at those numbers, I’m pretty stoked on my side projects, after all I’m just one guy doing this in his spare time. But how sad are my profit and social numbers for this website??
I need your help
The social stats above show that I’m not appealing to what you (yes, YOU!) want. And with even more limited time now that I have a newborn, it’s evident I need to focus a little better. It’s time consuming to do these profit reports, interviews, and project updates, so I need to know – what do you really want out of this blog?
Seriously – I really want you to let me know. Comment below, respond to one of my emails, or use the contact form.
If I get a lot of great feedback from you all I can cater to exactly what you’re looking for, you’ll be more engaged, and we all win.
And if I don’t get any feedback it’ll be obvious that this blog isn’t benefiting anyone, and that leaves me with more time to work on my side projects in private. It’d actually be nice not to do my monthly profit reports anymore.
Either way I’ll be happy about the response (or lack thereof).
So now’s your chance. Let me know:
- What do you like most and want more of? Profit reports? My side project experiences? Learning about how others make money? My inner ramblings?
- What do you hate? Don’t hold back – I can take criticism.
- Have I inspired you in any way? Care to share your story?
As the year wraps up, let me thank you for following along with me. May your holidays be merry and bright, and your future be full of many, many successes. Cheers!
(now tell me what you want!)